Logical consequences (?)
It was predictable. At least if you believe in those. Yeah, I'm talking about what we have started well in 2008. Let me explain.
On January 7, was our anniversary. We decided to go out to dinner and we thought we opt for an ethnic restaurant or any foreigner. A few days before I did some research online and I found a Tex-Mex restaurant (our love) in fourth. Quarto dei Mille, from where he left Garibaldi. We scored address and phone number and we were pretty satisfied! To go from fourth to
Sampierdarena should take the train, it takes about twenty minutes but no more. We organized, we scored all times. On Monday afternoon
phone is open and we reserve for two. We leave at about 6:30, we're going to take the train, we arrive at the fourth. Strangely, a stroke of luck: I find a branch of my bank, I can finally pick up free for the first time since I am in Genoa. We continue by Fourth (not fantasy!), The restaurant should be at number 14 / a. Fourth Street along the sea and of course the house numbers are on the side of the sea, where there is a building every 2 km. Walking, we were so much in advance, we encounter a steak in Argentina, we have to try the we say. After twenty minutes of walking we reach the 14 / a. The Albikokka. What? But albikokka albikokka and we seek the Dixieland Cafe! Maybe I was wrong will be at 14 / b. If there is a 14 / a there will be a 14 / b. We continue our walk, in the meantime was turning into a marathon, but we see no 14 / b. We came up to fifth. There Fourth Street changes its name. Something is wrong. Call the restaurant (at 19:50, we had booked for 20) to ask for confirmation on the street. Talk Giuse. -Excuse me but that way you are? Via-Cell-But it is the Fourth? -No, Sampierdarena! What!? We had 20 minutes by train and three-quarters of an hour walk to go to a place in reality and in the street parallel to ours? Yes Merd .
Oh well, think positive. Cancel the booking, we turn the heel and there Argentina head for the steak. After all is not bad as a second choice. Another half hour of walking, this time at a quick pace, and we come to the steak. Closed. What a bore!
What do we do? We decide to go downtown and go to Nabil, the restaurant where we had already been Palestinian. The first train is 15 minutes later. We wait. We go down to the Aquarium, we are tired and hungry as we take the bus to arrive in Piazza De Ferrari, and we slipped into the alley. We arrive in front of Nabil. Or at least what remains of it. It was not enough that it was closed to further ruin the evening. No. It must have just dismantled. They took out the menu and the sign. Nabil no longer exists. Sgrunt!
morale was now on the ground and want to come back home was great, but hunger got the better.
We decided to try the pub / restaurant Britannia. The food is not great but at least the weather is nice. Open! Hallelujah!
After a "hearty" meal of sausage and potatoes and after drinking something, he finally returned home.
The next day, in the throes of utter boredom, I pick up the yellow pages and read all the addresses of restaurants in Genoa. Dixieland Cafe, Via Quarto 14 / a. Not true, there is Albikokka there! That have already closed?! But we have known who the fuck? The restaurant just below, Du Uang (I think) by way of the cell.
The question arises: is a jerk who copied it on the website or be balls that I've copied the wrong number? I do not seem to have read restaurant called Du Uang on the site, but I could be wrong.
fact is that if we go on like this the next thing I'm looking on the internet will be an organized trip to Lourdes. And
least finish in Nice.
0 comments:
Post a Comment